It is important to maintain the value of homes on the market. Any kind of tank system malfunction or other liabilities should be avoided, especially if a home is to meet expectations.
Septic tanks pose a significant threat to large homes and businesses. It is easy to forget the location of underground storage tanks because they are hidden below ground. Using the following methods and a trusted UST inspector, you can identify the exact location of an UST. Also, you can search for underground storage tanks removal and best UST Testing services.
Image Source: Google
Ask your tank testing provider for a sketch or outline of the house's 'as-built design' to locate the tank. These designs will not be accepted if the systems are outdated.
* If possible, contact the previous owner.
* New underground storage tanks are located partly on a rise that appears to be higher than the ground.
* UST testing companies can likely insert a tool into the ground to detect any suspicious areas. This must be done in a gentle and professional manner if the soil is very soft. This is to prevent any damage to the underground tank. It is important to have the technology and expertise of a UST compliance testing company.
* A metal detector is an option if the tank components are mainly made of metal.
* Usually, above a septic underground storage container, the grass is always greenest. Snow likely melts quicker.
Although they may not prove to be 100% reliable, these options can help you locate a septic system. It is important to get valuable assistance from a trusted and experienced UST testing service provider.